Sauna Parts Index
The Sauna Index provides an overview of Sauna Components for Commercial and Residential traditional saunas.
All Sauna Components shown here are custom fit to your pre-framed and insulated sauna room for indoor custom saunas and outdoor sauna buildings. With proper design and the right Sauna Components, a Custom Sauna will last many years for family and friends to enjoy.
Click on photos to see more details about each Sauna Room Component. Print our convenient Custom Sauna Planner for sauna components listed below, then fax or email the planner to us and a detailed quote will be emailed to you.
Call us at 1 (877) 872-2806 to begin planning your sauna today!
1 Tongue & Groove Paneling
Paneling for walls and ceilings are cut to fit rough opening of your custom sauna room. Superior Sauna woods are kiln dried to 6-8% moisture to lock and stabilize wood fibers, greatly reducing board shrinkage/warpage and cracking after installation. Best to install with Stainless Steel Nails in air powered brad nailer gun, for speed and accuracy.
- White Aspen - Clear (no knots), non-allergenic, matches Basswood Benches, 3/4" thick
- Western Red Cedar - Clear (no knots), classic aromatic scent, available in 1/2" or 11/16" thick
- Nordic Finnish Spruce: traditional rustic knotty look, 9/16" thick
2) Interior Trim Package
Add interior trim for a finished look to a custom sauna, includes 3/4" cove molding trim for wall corners / ceiling, beveled door casing / window trim and 3/4" × 3-1/2" baseboard trim. Choice of Basswood to match Aspen walls or Cedar to match Western Red Cedar walls.
3) Sauna Heater
For Traditional Finnish sauna experience, pour water on rocks for steam, or just use dry heat if preferred. Choose convenient electric or traditional wood burning stoves to fit any size custom sauna room.
Heater Guard: Protects people from accidentally bumping into a hot stove. Choice of white Basswood or Cedar. Commercial quality heavy-duty triple support design with leg and rubber foot pad. Two-sided for corner mounted heaters or Three-sided for center of wall mounted heaters.
4) Sauna Lighting
Lighting options for your custom sauna room, choice of halogen recessed lighting with LED color therapy bulbs or standard incandescent fixtures.
- Sauna Chrome Recessed Sauna Light Kit
- Recessed Sauna Lighting Kit for SaunaLogic2 Controls
- Wall Light: aluminum fixture with vapor proof glass shade
- Ceiling Light: aluminum fixture with vapor proof glass shade
- Light Shades: wooden diffused lighting for relaxed atmosphere
Commercial quality and lasting comfort for your custom sauna. Wall mounted benches with rails and pillar supports. Portable benches work well for additional guest seating.
- Basswood Benches match white Aspen walls, clear wood (no knots) with hidden fasteners
- Red Cedar Benches match Red Cedar walls, clear wood (no knots) with hidden fasteners
- Bench skirting is an option, as shown in basswood bench picture
Bench Skirting or Valance is a popular finishing option for residential and commercial Custom Saunas. Skirting is available in Western Red Cedar or White Basswood to match bench top material.
- Bench Skirting (or Valance) gives an elegant finished look to your custom sauna
- Most bench designs allow the skirting to be removable, just slide out while cleaning the sauna
- Bench Skirting reduces visible floor square footage, so it is a cost-effective alternative to using snap together Ipe wood floor tiles to cover the entire floor
6) Wood Treatment
Paraffin Oil Kit protects sauna woods by providing a natural surface barrier and not allowing excess moisture / perspiration to soak into woods. For best results, use on new sauna room walls and benches. Three 1 liter bottles in kit. Also, available in single bottles or a 5 L bulk bottle.
Sauna Wood Treatment is a complete wood care kit including, wood wash, wood soap, specially designed application brush and rubber gloves for protection.
Standard 3-bar or Deluxe style, helps keep walls clean and provides airflow between you and the wall. Choice of Basswood to match white Aspen walls or Cedar to match Western Red Cedar walls. Portable headrests and pillows are great for comfort when laying down.
8) Sauna Doors
Choice of standard 'All Glass' panel doors or custom-made doors to fit any size rough opening for your custom sauna room. Sizes from 20" to 36" wide. All of our doors are available in Aspen or Cedar.
- All Glass Panel Doors, pre-hung in jamb with all hardware, choice of clear glass or bronze tinted
- Custom 'Full Glass' Doors, choice of wood types, insulated glass unit
- Custom '1/2 Glass' Doors, choice of wood types, insulated glass unit
- Custom 'All Wood' Doors, choice of wood types, insulated core
9) Sauna Windows
Double paned insulated glass units framed with Cedar wood, available in several sizes. Sauna windows allow a view of scenery and ambient light to enter the sauna.
10) Sauna Flooring Tile
Easy snap together wooden tiles with plastic base are removable for thorough cleaning of sauna. Base allows drainage of excess water or evaporation. Comfortable natural walking surface in smooth sanded finish. Ipe (pronounced e-pay) hardwood tiles are 1 foot (12") square, excellent durability for the busiest of commercial saunas. The Western Red Cedar tiles have an actual coverage size of 11-3/8" × 11-3/8" and work well for residential saunas. We recommend at least enough tiles to cover the walking area in a sauna room. The Perfect Custom Sauna Walkway!
11) Sauna Finishing
Foil Vapor Barrier: is special made for sauna construction, aluminum foil w/craft paper backing provides effective vapor seal to block moisture from getting into sauna walls. Staple to framed and insulated wall before tongue & groove paneling goes up. Cover walls and ceiling of a sauna room and for best results, use high-heat aluminum foil tape on seams.
Vents: Sauna rooms need ventilation for comfortable breathing and maintaining healthy sauna woods. There should be a lower intake vent near the sauna heater and an outlet vent on the opposite wall about 1/3 height up from the floor. In some custom sauna designs, a 1/2" gap under the door will work for fresh air inlet. Proper venting also allows just enough air movement to help evaporate moisture during cool down.
Stainless Steel Nails: For easily installing tongue & groove paneling with a nail gun. Other kinds of nails will corrode and leave streaks on sauna wood. All nails are 2" length in bonded sticks for pneumatic nail gun use.
- 18 Gauge, 2" straight nails
- 16 Gauge, 2" straight nails
- 15 Gauge, 2" angled nails, 34°
12) Sauna Accessories
Increase your sauna enjoyment with quality amenities designed for traditional steam sauna. Many accessories are available in at least 2 wood choices to match your sauna room.
- Buckets / Ladles
- Thermometers / Hygrometers
- Sand Timers
- Eucalyptus Oil & Soap
- Moisture-proof Sauna Speakers
13) Outdoor Sauna Options
- Install a Sauna Liner Kit (includes above components) to fit your pre-framed custom sauna room. See Pre-framed Room Design drawing for details.
- Dundalk Outdoor Sauna Kits: Available in several styles and sizes.
14) Other Sauna Options
Save building time with a Pre-fab Sauna Kit or consider a Hot Yoga Sauna for your custom sauna build.
- Prebuilt Traditional Sauna Kits: available in several wood types, can be disassembled and relocated when you move.
- Hot Yoga Sauna: a special design allows a traditional custom sauna to transform from multi-tier benches into 1 large platform for Yoga posing. In a comfortable room heated to around 110 °F you can combine the benefits of heat therapy and Yoga posing.