Custom Sauna Kits
Relax, soothe sore muscles, joints and let stress fade away in your very own sauna with our sauna room kit. Pour water over sauna heater rocks for traditional finnish steam sauna. Select from the most popular sauna wood paneling types, white aspen or western red cedar. Sauna room kits are designed for residential home saunas and commercial saunas (gyms, hotels, military fitness centers and more). We have studied saunas all over the world to perfect the Superior Sauna. Talented architects were involved in the designs to maintain a balance of tradition and efficiency.
A Custom Sauna Kit is a permanent installation into a pre-framed and insulated commercial or residential room. The kit includes all of the sauna room interior parts designed to fit into the rough opening (length x width x height, stud to stud) of your sauna space. In many cases, any room in a house can be converted to a home sauna (recommended at least 4' x 4'). Custom Cut Home Sauna Kits are a great pricing alternative to modular indoor or outdoor saunas, especially for do-it-yourself home owners.
Planning Your Sauna
Ready to begin bringing your sauna to life? Download our sauna planner to help you along the way. Below we have listed the major components to consider in planning your sauna, along with the general options available. As you get to the end of the guide we offer samples of design layouts, price quotes for general sauna sizes and a gallery showcasing sauna photos submitted by our clients. Fill out the sauna planner and submit it to us via email or fax. Be as detailed or simple as you like. Draw a simple line sketch or send us full architectural drawings, we can work with anything. Below are some thoughts to keep in mind as you browse the categories below. Don't worry if you're not sure about some details. Our design consultants are sauna enthusiasts that have years of experience and will be able to walk you through every step.
- Wood type: Cedar? Aspen? Mixed?
- Rough room size: Length by width by height (7' is optimal for saunas)
- Framing specs - Ex. 2x4, 2x6, concrete blocks with furring strips or steel studs
- Insulation type - Fiberglass is best for saunas
- Paneling installation direction for walls (horizontal or vertical) and ceiling
- Door type / size - Dimensions of the wall where the door will be installed and available rough opening
- Do you want or need windows? - Size and quantity
- Heater preference - 240 or 208 volt. 1 or 3 phase.
- Control type - On heater or exterior; dial or digital
- Existing floor type where sauna will be installed
- Are there ADA requirements for the sauna?
Just looking for a price estimate? Head over to our DIY Sauna Kit page. We have the sizing and plans for your most common sauna layouts. All options are available so you can adjust your pricing on the fly from the most basic sauna to one with all the extras.
We have sample packs available for you to see firsthand the quality of our materials. If you have not already received one, we would be happy to send one out to you today free of charge (U.S. lower 48 only, please call for international shipping) Our sauna woods start from logs and lumber dried to our specifications. Before making a major purchase for the sauna of your dreams, get our sample pack and see our superior quality.
Contents include samples for: Cedar, aspen, nordic spruce paneling, cedar and basswood bench material, cedar and ipe floor material, various examples of cedar and basswood trim, vapor barrier and stainless steel nails.
Sauna Heater Electric or Woodburning
The sauna heater is the heart of the traditional Finnish steam sauna, providing comforting heat and ample steam when pouring water on the sauna rocks. All of our sauna heaters can be used dry or for traditional steam sauna, just pour a ladle of water every 3 to 5 minutes to produce steam and bring the humidity level to your preference. Eucalyptus sauna oil can be diluted in sauna water bucket for a refreshing vaporized scent to help relieve cold / illness symptoms.
Electric versus woodburning is a matter of personal preference or location. Some prefer the tradition and heat of a woodburning stove while others want the ease and convience of an electric sauna heater. If your building a sauna in a remote area or off the grid the wood burning stove is your best option.
Superior Sauna Doors are made with top quality materials and craftsmanship, designed for sauna use. Doors are pre-hung with a heavy duty, laminated jamb and includes all handles /hardware for fast do it yourself installation. Our sauna doors are the sauna industry heavyweights, you can expect to enjoy a Superior Sauna door in your sauna through many years of use.
- All Glass Door: Panel single pane tempered safety glass in choice of bronze tint / clear / satin or etched design, standard sizes only. Framed doors are also available, double paned insulated glass unit, tempered for safety. Many standard variations or made to your custom size
- Half Glass Door: Double paned insulated glass unit in the top half of the door, tempered for safety. Choice of cedar or aspen tongue and groove wood. Standard sizes or made to your custom size.
- All Wood Door: Two layers of tongue and groove paneling (inside and outside). Choice of red cedar or aspen. Standard sizes or made to your custom size
- ADA Compliant Door: Available in full glass framed, full glass panel or half glass.
Now that you have a good idea of what you want in your sauna, here's some examples of finished projects. Our quote samples will show you just how detailed of an estimate we can provide you with. No worry about hidden costs, our quotes are broken down into the finest detail. The unique layouts page will show you some out of the box thinking for saunas we've done in the past. If you have a desired space, we can get a sauna in there. Our client gallery is user submitted photos of actual client saunas. Most customers can't wait to send us pictures of their finished products and we love seeing them. Last but not least, for the do it yourself enthusiast, we have a sauna index which completely details every tiny aspect of sauna construction. We offer a complete section of products for the self reliant enthusiast.